South West (Aquitaine, Midi-Pyrénées)

Topic has 16 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: chemin st Jacques

I did look at blabla Sue, but because we want to get some accommodation sorted - so we need arrangements in place - and there being 4 of us with sacks, and living in the sticks it looks impractical.
   Report   Reply Quote

Where are you coming from? Travelling with four people will always be expensive on public transport, if the links exist, and one way car hire where possible is also costly. Two friends of mine who have done parts of the walk twice ended up driving to their chosen starting point and using free car parking there. The walked for about ten days each time and got public transport back to their starting point where they picked up their car.
   Report   Reply Quote

Yonner wrote : I did look at blabla Sue, but because we want to get some accommodation sorted - so we need arrangements in place - and there being 4 of us with sacks, and living in the sticks it looks impractical ..

Ah .. now 4 people is much more complicated ..
BinB is right when he says moving 4 people about by public transport is going to cost a lot.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

yep, 4 was always going to be the issue for cost v car hire.
I didn't fancy leaving my car exposed in a free car park for 3 weeks - maybe paranoia !

Report   Reply Quote

Just so that everyone can enjoy the link I posted earlier (page 1 of the thread), I have now edited the link to make it clickable.

Even though I had step by step excellent guidance from the kind person who explained it all to me, it took me a few attemptsWoot! [:-))]

"Kind Person", thank you and I will be sending you an acknowledgement in PM.

As for everyone else reading this, hey, you owe it to me to look at this, no?Stick out tongue [:P]  It took me quite a l o n g time to post it....Big Smile [:D]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Sent you a pm Yonner
   Report   Reply Quote

Thx Kizpip, I got that and replied.
As of last night, we are now sorted, thx for all your help folks.

Yonner
   Report   Reply Quote

Buen camino, Yonner!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine