Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 10 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Do we need to use a UK based French conveyancing firm to complete purchase of home in France?

True it costs no more if both parties have their own notaires in France.

Personally, I have yet to find a decent notaire in France who gives a hoot about their client. Sure that they must exist, but I have never heard of one.

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Do we need to use a UK based French conveyancing firm to complete purchase of home in France?

Probably because you aren't their client.  Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

I think using different notaires could waste a lot of time.  Think about it, they have to communicate with each other as well as with their respective clients.

When we sold our house, the buyers who were from St Omer wanted to appoint their own notaire but I persuaded them to use our local one, pointing out that they could appoint madame's parents (who lived nearby) to sign the acte if they didn't want to come all the way again from St Omer.

For my part, I didn't want more to-ing and fro-ing with questions to answer as I was able to deal with most things on the phone or to pop in with documents to leave with the notaire's secretary.  Just as well as it was a complicated sale and could have been strung out for months.  TBH, I wanted the sale to go through quickly as it was becoming a bind going back and forth to ventilate the house and cut the grass.

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine