The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 15 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: My kids NOW Have British Passports

I know a number of permanent Brit families in France who brought up their children here. Often some of the children stay and some return to UK when their education is complete. Perhaps cultural affiliation kicking in?
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Only if Brexit happens I think. It all depends on residence.
   Report   Reply Quote

alittlebitfrench wrote:
Thanks Brit.. @ Nomoss....methinks you are wrong. They a now British (they have a passport) so they are as entitled as everyone else is in the UK.

I think you should read the link I provided.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I think that if they remain in France, then under current rules, 'their' children may not be entitled to a UK passport, these rules have changed since I had my children, that I do know.

And health care, well, as was shown, EHIC's are essential at the moment. Even for us when we lived in France, we would take our CEAM's back to the UK with us in the hope that we didn't need them.

After Brexit, if it happens, no one really knows what will happen with health care when visiting the UK as non resident. Something to look into at a later date.

Report   Reply Quote

Wonderful news. Now they can pay £9000 a term for their university education. (Can you hear my axe grinding ?)
   Report   Reply Quote

Isnt that £9000 a year? Axe still grinding here too.
   Report   Reply Quote

You're right Wooly - a year. In my family's experience it's another aspect of absent father's not paying their dues.
   Report   Reply Quote

Ouch, my sympathy.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine