French Legal Issues

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Car vandalism assurance claim rejected

GBW wrote : There was a misunderstanding. Allianz will pay but I have to pay the excess (as expected).
I am sure that the fact that the excess is almost exactly the same as the original bill is just a coincidence!-:)

Ah ! Welcome to la belle France (imagine smiley winking face here)

Edit : I must remember to use FF on here and not Chrome.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Have you looked at your contract?  The excess is called la franchise and the exact amount will be written in the bumpf.

My franchise on the cars I have owned has been 300 euros for many years now.  Perhaps yours is a bit higher as you do not drive the car all year round and you are sometimes an absent owner.

Have another close look, it should be plainly visibleSmile [:)]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

If you are going to be paying the bill I suggest that you tell the insurance agent that you will do it privately and you do not want the claim going through their books. Your NCB is at risk.
   Report   Reply Quote

If the garage thought it was an insurance job they may have boosted the price of the repairs somewhat. Ask them if, given that you will be paying, they cannot come up with a cheaper quote.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine