Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

RE: 'Tide Mark' around swimming pool

I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes! Thanks Jan,

Susan

Report   Reply Quote

My heart is now sinking. Our pool has been open since the beginning of June yet in just one week of guests with children this dreaded tide mark has appeared.  I was desperatley hoping that the pool liner cleaner I've bought will do the trick.

Has anyone sucessfully banned the use of suncream before swimming?  Personally, I would prefer to pay for tee shrits for my guests to use when swimming rather than have to scrub the scum off the pool on a weekly basis. (But then I'm a bit lazy! :blush

Nicola
   Report   Reply Quote

I've nowspent hours scrubbing and tried everything suggested on this forum, plus bleach and brillo pads, nothing has worked (not washing up liquid or shampoo I'm afraid). However, any fresh stain is easily removed with the normal pool cleaning products. I wish I knew what brand had caused the problem. I too would love to ban the stuff, it has runied my lovely and expensive new liner which has only been in since April.

Has anyone any other ideas of what might work? I'm tempted to use liquid chlorine, I would rather have a white mark than that awful sickly yellow colour.

The only thing is that the guests haven't commented on it, when I apologised about it being there , they said they hadn't even noticed it.

Would having a shower that guests have to use before getting in the pool have any effect on reducung the greasy tidemark?

Report   Reply Quote

After a lot of searching I have found a solution to this problem which appears to work very well. Its 95% bio degradable and is very easy to use.

Spray on, leave for a minute and wipe of. No bubbles or detergents in the pool water.

PM me if you want details

Andrew

Report   Reply Quote

PM me if you want details

Why can't you let everyone know what the product is? is it a secret?

Les

Report   Reply Quote

No les

That would be too much like advertising which is not allowed.

What's wrong with a PM its not that I'm keeping the details to my self.

Andrew

Report   Reply Quote

Re: RE: 'Tide Mark' around swimming pool

Hi Andrew,
Can you tell me of your solution for this? I cannot work out how to PM you via my mobile on this forum.
We have had stains on our liner of our Desjoyaux Pool for a number of years and never worked out how to remove them. All the usual products fail.
Thanks
Ben
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: RE: 'Tide Mark' around swimming pool

Unfortunately Poolguy isn't around here anymore, having moved to new pastures.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine