Earning a Living

Topic has 52 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: coffee van

I don't want to put you off at all (and welcome to the forumSmile [:)]) but you do realise the post you have answered is 7 years old?

Report   Reply Quote

Hello , yes I saw that yet maybe someone might know if it worked or not, (the coffee van) well thank's for the welcome.
   Report   Reply Quote

And there was I thinking that Ron in the Aveyron had made a comeback.
   Report   Reply Quote

Hey man, perfectly good question and now it's been another 2 years I would like to know if you got anywhere with your coffee stand as I am thinking of doing the same here in Dijon..
   Report   Reply Quote

I like these old threads.....they are really funny.

I will take a wild stab in the dark and hypothesise that all these budding expat entrepreneurs have either all died of hunger or have moved back to the UK.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

You should have been a member here when it first started - ?2000? I joined in 2001, and there wasn't even an Earning a Living forum until a few years after that, when some members suggested it was essential.
So many people influenced by Place in the Sun type programmes where everything in France is so simple and easy. Us included, but we didn't need to work TG.
Whatever you say about people having to go back, I still think it's a good learning experience, find out for yourself. So I certainly wouldn't ridicule them, as you do, ALBF.

Report   Reply Quote

Patf

Coffee vans, ice cream vans and milk floats are not going to work in France to be fair. Just being kind.

I do have a fab 'food' van idea that would work very well both in France and the UK !!

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

alittlebitfrench wrote:
Patf Coffee vans, ice cream vans and milk floats are not going to work in France to be fair. Just being kind. I do have a fab 'food' van idea that would work very well both in France and the UK !!

Utter tosh (as usual). I have a good friend (French) who runs a cookie van with his son. They have a good business. He restarted it last year after having run it successfully around Paris a few decades ago. He is imaginative and entrepreneurial about finding new markets. No reason at all this couldn't be applied to ice cream etc. In fact thinking about it I see ice cream vans at local night markets.

Of course this is the Dordogne so probably more worldly than the fantasy lands you inhabit.

it is what it is ...
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine