French Finance

Topic has 239 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Social Charges - here we go again!

Update since last post - claimed by email in October 2018 refund of charges incorrectly levied on relevant income in years 2015, 2016 and 2017 only to be rejected by the Limoux H d'Impots. Nil caborundum, and persisted, being informed numerous times that my request is being dealt with etc. etc. and subsequently being informed just over 12 months after my first request that it is now being dealt with by the "service contentious" at Carcassonne! Having successfully claimed re-imbursement after the first de Ruyter decision I have forwarded all the relevant copies of documents then requested and asked why it took Limoux office so long to decide that they couldn't deal with it. Also, the reimbursement of deductions made on an AV policy payment are awaited. I have previously said that I believe the Limoux office is becoming increasingly intransigent because of the planned slimming down of their office - most emails I send are currently redirected automatically to Carcassonne.
   Report   Reply Quote

An update. After the initial e-mail confirming the amounts of the refunds for the three years, I received a letter stating the same.

Last week I received three further letters, one for each year with a revised avis for the tax and social charges. They both mentioned there would be intérêts moratoires. So plenty of paperwork to give them something to do!

Two of payments appeared as transfers in my bank account. This week I received another letter (dated 12/11) containing a cheque. This was for a small refund of income tax. One year I'd overpaid because I'd paid in three instalments. They'd netted that off against the social charges owed. So oddly, they've paid that tax refund by cheque rather than by bank transfer. But I've still not had the social charges refund for that year or the intérêts moratoires for the three years.

I now wonder whether I'll have to wait until mid-December as they only seem to do bank transfer refunds/payments around the 15th of the month?
   Report   Reply Quote
Whistles [Www]

I’ve only gone and spent it all.
Anyone know anything else we can claim on?
   Report   Reply Quote

Aw, isitlunchtime, don't rub it in, spent it all indeed!! Some of us are STILL waiting to hearCry Out [:'(]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

isitlunchtime wrote : I’ve only gone and spent it all.
Anyone know anything else we can claim on?

Love it (imagine smiley face here).
Think yourself lucky !
As Mint says some of us have a while to wait yet .. Morbihan has said we should (should) receive our reimbursement/s by 31/12/2019 .. I'll keep you informed as to progress.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Just out of interest, how long did it take from applying to receiving the reimbursements or an acknowledgment that you were gonna get them? Thanks.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Applying is neither here nor there as all was on hold until the departments got their go ahead to pay.
Early September they had that.
Letters confirming dégrèvements came out by mid sept
It then got a bit fuzzy with lots of letters and emails but all saying the same good news
Transfers 2
Cheque eventually 1 by end October
Email with interest amount x 3 end October
Paid within a week.

They aren’t like a dodgy creditor really. Slow maybe but no conspiracy to hang on to money. IMHO
   Report   Reply Quote

As a matter of interest, isitlunchtime, what WAS for lunch?  How many cases of champagne, jars of caviar, charolais fillet steaks, etc?

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine