French Finance

Topic has 220 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Social Charges - here we go again!

My claim is now completely settled. Just a couple of days short of a year since I made the claim.

I had a bank transfer earlier in the week which I assumed from the amount, was my intérêts moratoire.

Today, two further letters. One contained a cheque for the missing year; why wasn't paid by bank transfer like the refunds for other two years and why was it dated 13 Nov but only posted on 4 Dec?

The other letter contained a breakdown of the intérêts moratoire. Those calculations were based on the number of days in each of the years an amount was owed with the interest calculated at 4.8% interest for 2016 and 2017 and 2.40% for 2018 and 2019. For some reason the 2017 and 2018 only had 360 days in their interest calculations for the 2016 and 2017 claims?

Report   Reply Quote

Good for you pomme .. would you mind saying which dept you live in ?
As here in Morbihan (56) we have heard nowt .. not a dicky bird. Hopefully they will sort us out soon.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

In the Vosges (88).

All the communications I have made have been through the tax web site messaging. They seem to go to my local tax office, given the name of the person who normally replies.

I sent a message in July after the law was approved. When nothing had happened after three months, I sent a reminder message in October saying I'd not heard anything for three months and included a request for the details of the tax conciliator.

I think that got things going. I had a message saying I would hear soon and at the end of October I received an e-mail and then a letter from the departmental tax office in Epinal saying my claim had been approved.
The letter had an address and an e-mail for the conciliator, conciliateurfiscal88@dgfip.finances.gouv.fr I assume that is a standard format so you just need to change the department number. I'd suggest an e-mail to your conciliator.
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks for your helpful reply pomme .. I will send a secure message and see what they say.
And will retain the address of the conciliator just in case of necessity.
   Report   Reply Quote

It might be worth mentioning Commitment 7/Engagement 7 of the Public Service quality guidelines. Something for the conciliator? https://www.modernisation.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/fichiers-attaches/referentiel_marianne-sept-2016-web.pdf
Nous répondons de façon claire et précise à vos demandes et à vos réclamations :
▪ dans un délai maximum d’une semaine, lorsqu’elles sont adressées par voie
électronique (courriels, formulaires de contact en ligne, téléprocédures),
▪ dans un délai maximum de deux semaines, lorsqu’elles sont adressées par courrier.
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you once again .. it is v helpful to have the advice from someone whom has been there and done that already.
OH and I were too young (😏) for the first round of these EU enforced rebates a few years ago so this is our first attempt at trying to wrest a CSG rebate from the fisc.
So far I have done everything by the book but Morbihan seems to be one of the depts dragging their heels ..
As I am usually quite sympathetic to the powers-that-be in these situations .. perhaps it is because there are so many expats in 56 😏 that their system is overloaded.
But maybe I am wrong 😈
   Report   Reply Quote

I also want to say thank you to you, pomme.  I will galvanise myself to send a message to the conciliator this week.  At the moment, I have been completely knocked off kilter by the unceasing rain and grey skies not to mention all the nonsense about the general election.

Sue, it's not just Morbihan, it's la Dordogne as well.  Many British expats have apparently gone home but more seem to have been coming.  In my village alone, we have gone from one family "anglaise" (mine) to 3 families; so an increase of 200%!  No wonder the fiscs can't cope......Big Smile [:D]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Generally, the more UK expats there are, the more experience the fonctionnaires have of them and their needs and the more they are able to cope easily. Thus, here, they even speak quite happily in English at times, generally do not demand translations and do not seem vicious. ( touchons du bois). And they do seem happy to chatter too, like many of the folk up here.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine