French Finance

Topic has 239 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Social Charges - here we go again!

Well done, Pomme, an example for all of us.

I was wondering if you have a proforma letter that you sent to the fisc stating your case originally that others might use, adding their own details as they go. Could be useful if you would post it here so that people can copier coller it.

Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

I've no magic proforma (and I'm not even sure whether what is below wasn't just a copy of something posted here earlier by someone else - if it was, thank you!). Not too sure about the correct French, but it does seem to have been understood!
I only discovered the Public Service commitments document yesterday although I knew there was some sort of commitment from a problem I had about ten years or more ago.

This was all I sent at early October:

Ma demande concernant les prélèvements sociaux (+messagerie no. xxxxxxx)

Il est maintenant plus de xx mois depuis ma demande xxxxxxxx et votre réponse et plus de xy mois depuis que ma demande a été envoyée au service des affaires juridiques et du contentieux de la Direction départementale des Finances Publiques.

Je n'ai pas eu de communication du service des affaires juridiques et du contentieux.

1er juillet 2019: Le Conseil d'Etat applique la jurisprudence européenne de Ruyter https://www.cleiss.fr/actu/2019/1907-conseil-etat-applique-jurisprudence-europeenne-de-ruyter.html

Par sa décision n° 422780 du 1er juillet dans l'affaire Dreyer, le Conseil d'État confirme l'exonération d'impositions sociales sur les revenus du patrimoine des contribuables affiliés à un régime de sécurité sociale dans un pays membre de l'Espace économique européen (EEE) autre que la France ou en Suisse, en application de la jurisprudence de la Cour de justice de l'Union européenne (CJUE) de Ruyter.

Savez-vous quand cette demande sera résolue?
Cordialement
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you, Pomme, letter added to iPad notes for future use or to pass on if or as necessary.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Had my letter today saying that we will be automatiquement remboursé.  No money in the bank account yet, mind, but the réclamation has been accepted.

There is a name and email for the person in charge of our claim if we wanted details of how the amount of reimbursement is decided.

Thank you everybody who has contributed to this thread with special thanks to isitlunchtime and pomme.

Cheers, guys!Beer [B]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Lovely late Christmas present mint! Did you write to the conciliateur? I am going to wait until after 31 December and will then contact the lady who emailed me to say it should all be sorted by that date. Ever hopeful - trying to start the New Year full of optimism.
   Report   Reply Quote

No, fittersmate, but writing to the conciliateur was on my list of "to do" things over Christmas and the New Year!

The letter came in answer to my last email to them in October.

Now the next thing on the list is to fill in the form online for résidence as Brexit is deffo on the cards.  I loathe doing all these "official" things but I do get a real buzz when something comes off like this claimBig Smile [:D]

Yes, you be full of optimism, start the year as you mean to go on!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

My advice. Don’t fill out any forms yet.
That site was set up to deal with ‘no deal’.
There will be a withdrawal deal which will possibly produce a eu response for U.K. citizens in Europe (as opposed to a purely French route).
So dashing to fill out the French form may result in having to start again. There’s no rush and I’d suggest letting the dust settle.
There will be acres of advice......

I have friends who tried to get a carte de séjour - just frustrating and unnecessary. There will be a clear way forward. The French were surprisingly quick, but a pan eu diktat , as we all know, is sometimes the most beneficial!

All the best for 2020
   Report   Reply Quote

How I disagree about the Carte de Sejour being unnecessary.

When we moved to France, we had to have them, and in fact always had them. In spite of Prefectures from a certain point being reluctant to issue them, IF we had stayed, I would have insisted on getting them, because they are very very useful, the way the french have always been ID obsessed.

Bit late now for people to start that ball rolling, but once all is sorted, I would imagine that everyone, well UK folks in France would have to have them. 

And if I disagree about the Carte de Sejours, I do agree about other post brexit paperwork, I also would say wait and see what happens before going forward, otherwise it could be endless.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine