Earning a Living

Topic has 12 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Usigned contract

If you and the employer have not signed a cdd contract but you have started the employed period is it still valid

Thanks

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Usigned contract

Don't know about in France but, in the UK, your actions (in this case your starting the job and the employer presumably letting you start) are deemed to be an acknowledgement of the terms of the contract.
N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

How long since you started work? You should usually sign a contract within the first couple of days - if you haven't done so you should chase it.

http://misplacedperson.wordpress.com/
   Report   Reply Quote

Its actually an extension to a 3 month contract the first was signed I was wondering if the second contract can be ended early if the employer finds it neccessary I just didnt word the question very well

Report   Reply Quote

That would depend on the terms of the contract. Which remain a mystery, since you haven't seen it. Smile [:)]

http://misplacedperson.wordpress.com/
   Report   Reply Quote

In France it is actually illegal to start work without a signed contract in effect, the opposite to the UK whereas when you have started work you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the contract.

www.burgundymadeeasy.com
   Report   Reply Quote

I had an extension to a contract earlier this year, as the contract is drawn up at the head office it was a week or so before all the paperwork arrived, then the boss was away for a few days, when he got back he called me straight into the office to sign as he said at that time is was working illegally. My daughter started doing a bit of work in the local old peoples home and used to get called in to cover sick staff and those on holiday, every time a contract had to be signed, even if it was only for 1 day or a weekend!!! Tiz no wonder the french companies don't like employing people, I know it is protection for the employee and the firm but a simple assumed contract/letter like the UK would make their life much easier wouldn't it?
Tim

Report   Reply Quote

Mareille wrote:
Its actually an extension to a 3 month contract the first was signed I was wondering if the second contract can be ended early if the employer finds it neccessary I just didnt word the question very well

In my case it was clearly stated in the contract start date and end date, in actual fact mine stated that the contract would run until the return of the sick driver I was covering for, so it didn't have an exact end date, as soon as the sick driver came back I had to go into the office and sign another contract as they wanted me to stay on for a couple of weeks more. That one had an end date, guess what another driver went of sick so yet again another contract to sign!! went there for what should have been 2 weeks ended up staying for 3 months. Just had my call up papers again and start back there sometime in September date yet to be confirmed, good for the bank account though!

Tim

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine