Earning a Living

Topic has 1 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Pole Emploi

I was made redundant last year and opted for the Convention de Reclassement Personnalisée (CRP). Could anybody tell me if it is possible to remain on this scheme whilst becoming an Autoentrepeneur. Or as in my case are you reclassified and come under the Chomage Classique, which is 15% less than the CRP. I was originally given the impression that I would remain on the CRP. Any comments would be most welcome. Buster
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Pole Emploi


Don't think I help you directly with your question, but are you aware that you can declare to the Pole emploi that you intend to start up as an independent worker, this should open up a couple of things for you

1, you will qualify for 3 years of reduced cotisations depending on what you are doing but your fist year should be about 5%, 2nd 10% 3rd 15% (figures not precise just an example)

2, You should  then be asked if you would like to take 50% of your "allocation chomage" for start up costs, I suppose the idea being for equipment for you to start your business. for example if you had an allocation chomage of say 20.000 euros they will give you 5000 when you sign off and then six months later you send them a letter on your honour to say that you are still self employed and the business is still current you will get the second payment.

Alternatively, you also have the option of not accepting that and continuing with your chomage and you just declare your earnings on a monthly basis which will be deducted from your chomage payment in some way, I not sure about how this works and for how long you can do it for, I didn't follow this route as it would have not been beneficial to me!! I seem to remember being given a leaflet explain exactly how bot these situations worked with an example of each.

As for how it will effect your CRP I don't know sorry, best thing to do is ask at the PE, I never had that option as part of our redundancy agreement was "congee de reclassement" which ment I stayed on full basic wage for 6 months and paid for by my ex employer (which I made full use off :-)!!!) then signed on at the PE and once all the paperwork was done declared that I was going self employed (AE).

In my case I was employed by the company for 7 years and albeit part time I had still knocked up a pretty good allocation chomage.

Hopefully you will know all this already!! but if not don't miss out you are entitled to the assistance if needed

Good luck hope all works out for you


   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine