French Finance

Topic has 239 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Social Charges - here we go again!

fittersmate wrote : Lovely late Christmas present mint! Did you write to the conciliator? I am going to wait until after 31 December and will then contact the lady who emailed me to say it should all be sorted by that date. Ever hopeful - trying to start the New Year full of optimism.

Same here .. having not heard a dicky bird .. as we both live in Morbihan I think we can assume that they are lagging behind everywhere else and we might have to prod them 😞
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

I cannot understand why my reply to fitter has not appeared .. as ever the vagaries of this website confuse me.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Your reply of 2040 referring to dicky birds is there, if that is what ypu are referring to, Sue.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

isitlunchtime wrote:
My advice. Don’t fill out any forms yet. That site was set up to deal with ‘no deal’. There will be a withdrawal deal which will possibly produce a eu response for U.K. citizens in Europe (as opposed to a purely French route). So dashing to fill out the French form may result in having to start again. There’s no rush and I’d suggest letting the dust settle. There will be acres of advice...... I have friends who tried to get a carte de séjour - just frustrating and unnecessary. There will be a clear way forward. The French were surprisingly quick, but a pan eu diktat , as we all know, is sometimes the most beneficial! All the best for 2020

isitlunchtime, I shall follow your advice as you seem to me to be eminently sensibleBig Smile [:D]  I have quoted your reply in full so that others might read itIdea [I]

Thank you to you, too, id, as you do know a lot about the "system".

With that thing to do off my list, I guess my next job is to get the nurse to give me my bronchitis jab and to do something about that pension that I have not bothered to claim as yet (yes, you guessed it, the sum is derisory!!)

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

European residency cards now follow the same basic layout i.e. credit card size with photo. The problem if you already have one of these card is it might say that your nationality EU/EEE/Swiss rather than British. If that is the case you will require a new one after Jan 31st because of course you are no longer an EU citizen. I believe you have something like 12 to 18 months to get a replacement which is free. The good news is the new one will be for the total limit of the card so if you were previously issued with a 10 year card and it has 2 years left your new card should be for 10 years.

If you don't have a residency card then after the Jan 31st you need to get one. The catch then is you will have to pay for it. In many countries you will pay whatever the UK is charging EU citizens for their residency card which is around £85. What a member state charges you is down to them and there is no universal EU fee but the general consensus is it should be like for like.

The only issue I have been told is there will be a limitation on how long you can be away from the country that issues the card and that the card does not give you the same rights as an EU citizen and cannot be used as a travel document inside the EU. Like I said that's what I have been told rather than what I have rad on any official government website so it might not be correct but then I don't care. Now having German citizenship it's not a problem for me. All I have to decide over the next 12 months is do I keep my German/EU citizenship and get rid of my UK citizenship because you can't have dual nationality in Germany (unless you are an EU citizen). Think I will be posting my UK passport and RN 04/2019 on Feb 1st.

I will then await my callup papers to the EU army and the arrival of all these Turks when Turkey joins the EU next week not to mention the total collapse of the Euro and EU over the next 18 months.
   Report   Reply Quote

Cathar Tours said: I will then await my callup papers to the EU army and the arrival of all these Turks when Turkey joins the EU next week not to mention the total collapse of the Euro and EU over the next 18 months.

Dear me, you do paint an apocalyptic picture. Is the EU going to implode ? well if Putin has his way it will, that is for sure.

Report   Reply Quote

But that's what Mr Farage said would happen and the Brexit supporting Daily Wail says the same so it must be true.
   Report   Reply Quote

Well there you go then, the oracles have spoken, so thus it will beWhistles [Www]

Let's face it, no one knows what will happen as yet. My prediction is that there will be a bit of a mess for a while and then things will settle down. From what I can gather there are a lot of us who expect things to be a mess, but I daresay that in spite of that, if there is, there will be lots of whinging about itWoot! [:-))]

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine