Earning a Living

Topic has 2 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Contribution Economique Territoriale Tax ?

Hi there

Can someone please shed  some light on this tax, which replaces the former Taxe Professionnelle. I've been told that this is payable annually as a lump sum (the amount is fixed by the commune) by all businesses whether they are AE, Eurl or whatever. This is a fixed amount, non negociable and is payable even if an AE has zero turnover, or even if there is a loss! I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with the whole AE set up :-( 

   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Contribution Economique Territoriale Tax ?

Have a look at this thread:

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Contribution Economique Territoriale Tax ?

Here is a bit of good news. This is a link to a Ministry of Finance press release dated 30/11/10 which confirms that no CFE is payable in three cases - one being if there is no turnover.


It says that if you have already received a bill, you can get it cancelled.

   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine