Earning a Living

Topic has 2 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Leaving AE re applying for S1 (E121)

Will a person still be eligible to have an S1 after closing down AE and retiring ( is in receipt of state pension whilst running AE) or because once having started paying into the system through AE does it some way make you become ineligible for S1. Thank you MBK

   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Leaving AE re applying for S1 (E121)

I query because it has been pointed out that having started paying health contributions & also towards a pension you have chosen to follow as a French person who continues to contribute through life therefore the S1 is no longer an alternative. How true that is I have no idea but if it can be clarified I would be grateful.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Leaving AE re applying for S1 (E121)

Hopefully others will give you more and I could be wrong but as far as I understand it by becoming or being employed in France it becomes your so called 'competant state' in which case you can no longer get an E121 from UK (nor any other E form), but neither should you need it.

   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine