Earning a Living

Topic has 2 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

AE Entrepreneur - Establishing a Chambre d'Hote

My wife an I have a private pension and we are considering setting up a small Chambre d'Hote in France as auto-entrepreneurs. I understand that we will then be paying into the French social security system and would be eligible to access the French healthcare system. Can you tell me whether it is necessary for us both to register as AE or could just my wife declare herself as AE and have me as a dependent thus enabling us both to access the health care system. We are both 58 years of age, my wife being 6 months younger than me.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: AE Entrepreneur - Establishing a Chambre d'Hote

DON'T sign up jointly - you will be charged cotisations for the second person. Assuming you are married or PACsd then the other spouse gets the benefits due as a dependent. Quite why anyone would add their spouse to the application beats me! Just one AE per household will get you the benefits
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: AE Entrepreneur - Establishing a Chambre d'Hote

Thank you very much.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine