Earning a Living

Topic has 1 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Securite Sociale

Hi everybody.
I am living in france for 2 years. I am married a french man and i have a carte de sejour. I want to register for securite sociale. But I dont work and i am sick. I really need an assurance in france. So what should i do? Where i have to go to ask an assurance?
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Securite Sociale

What does your husband do for a living?  Aren't you registered as his dependent?  Are you European?

Sorry to sound nosey but without a few more details your question is impossible to answer since where you register depends upon your status.

When you are really stuck, the best first call is always to the assistante sociale - they tend to have a regular "clinic" at the Mairie or Hotel de Ville.  They may also have a base at your local hospital. They should be able to put you right if nobody on here can help.

Bon courage.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine