English Books

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

The Booker Prize longlist

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14362415

I am avoiding all these books like the plague as I read the last two Booker Prize winners and thought they were both pretty dire !!!

Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

Re: The Booker Prize longlist

Not even tempted by the more 'thriller' type books, Snowdrops and Derby Day, RH? I think I'll read them just because they are so different to what normally gets longlisted...apparently what happens when a former spy gets to be chair of the judges!

Great idea with the book club by the way!
www.jstagg.com
   Report   Reply Quote

I tell you what, you read them and let me know if they are any good - having read Wolf Hall and the Finkler Question (before it was a winner)  I think I'll wait........

By the way Booker Prize winners was a category on  'Pointless' my quiz program of choice, this PM - they ask 100 people which Booker Prize books they remembered and 100 people came up with 4 names between them......and none of them were the ones I had read.....

Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

You're on! But don't hold your breath as I have a huge 'to read' pile waiting for when I get a bit of time off work.

Love Pointless too by the way. Used to use it as a breather when we were running our auberge.
www.jstagg.com
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine