Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 7 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Pregnancy testing kit

Can anybody tell me what this is called in French please?

And can I get one from a chemist?

Thanks

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Pregnancy testing kit

Seems to be "Le test de grossesse" and is available from the pharmacy (no experience of buying one though :-) )

Regards

Alex
   Report   Reply Quote

All pharmacies round here have them.  The larger pharmacies have quite a few to choose from.  Some will even tell you exactly how many days you are pregnant - if you are...

Report   Reply Quote

Please bear in mind that these tests are not 100%. When I first got to France a girl we got to know quite well's test, even blood test kept coming back negative even though she was and all were agreed that she was. And she had a baby boy.

As said these tests are available at pharmacies.

Report   Reply Quote

My GP told me that if you get a negative result it doesn't mean you're NOT pregnant, but if you get a positive result you can pretty much rely on it that you are....Smile [:)]

(I should point out that this was some time ago......)

Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

You can buy 15 early pregnancy tests, as used by the doctors, from Amazon, for £2.80 plus postage costs - a good buy as they're about €6-7 each in the pharmacy.

www.remaininfrance.org
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks everyone for your replies ... I got one and it was good news!! Big Smile [:D]

(PS ... I'm not sure what anyone would do with 15 pregnancy tests! )

Report   Reply Quote

chocccie wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies ... I got one and it was good news!! Big Smile [:D]

(PS ... I'm not sure what anyone would do with 15 pregnancy tests! )

CongratulationsBig Smile [:D]
"There are some causes worth dying for - there are no causes worth killing for" Albert Camus
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine