French Finance

Topic has 239 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Social Charges - here we go again!

mint wrote : Hope everyone else has also been repaid.

No, as fitter said we are still waiting .. though he's one up on us as we haven't even received an acknowledging letter yet .. we are still on references sent in emails. Sigh ..
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks mint. I had a letter from the Division du control fiscal in Vannes which was dated 16 December but arrived just before the New Year. This was an avis de degrevement confirming the amounts that would be paid into our account.
Then we received 3 letters dated 3 January (one for each of the years claimed) confirming that a degrevement had been awarded. Nothing on our messagerie and nothing yet received in our bank account!
   Report   Reply Quote

My dear fm, you must learn patience when dealing with the fisc. They grind exceeding fine but if you are entitled you will get, even if it takes time, so just relax and think of other things. It will come.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

OK, guys, the very LATEST update.  Had a total of FIVE letters this morning, two of which contained cheques.

As far as I could make out, none of the figures make any sense and do not relate to earlier letters.  HOWEVER, the total amount EXCEEDS that which was promised!

Three of said 5 letters set out in detail how the dégrèvements were calculated and the sums were paid by virement.  The 2 containing cheques said they were for "réstitution"

Can't get my head round the figures at all but then I am not known for being numerate (only a so-so O level for maths).

The important thing is, I believe all the stuff is correctly done.  Fittersmate and Sue, as Wooly says, they are bound to be paying you soon.  Also, as I have explained, don't be surprised if the repayments appear to be from different offices.  I have one amount paid by the local office, 2 by the départemental office and 2 from Strasbourg.

Goodness knows what sort of communications all the people involved must have hadConfused [8-)]  When they have all finished writing each other memos, they will get round to distributing the dosh and you will be paidBig Smile [:D]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks mint for your latest update. No wonder it takes so long to actually pay us as they seem to spend an inordinate amount of time passing paperwork around their different offices!
   Report   Reply Quote

Success at last!

I contacted DGFIP via messagerie on Monday asking why, despite having received 3 letters from them on 3 January confirming the dégrèvements, we still had not received the payments into our account.

I received a reply from them yesterday morning confirming that a virement had been done on 5 February. Arrived in our bank account this morning.

They also sent details of how the interest has been worked out and stated that payment will be made separately.
   Report   Reply Quote

Good show, fittersmate!Big Smile [:D]  Yes, the interest payments might be by cheques (notice the plural, separate cheques!) from a regional office rather than your departmental office.

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi,
Long time no post! (because nothing to report).  Now can report letter received (dated 31/01/2020) conceding full refund of 2015 contributions. Still to be repaid.  Demands for 2016,2017, and now 2018, have been submitted and acknowledged.

Things seem to be moving at last.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine