French Education

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Attestation de recensement for BAC

I found a sinlge old thread about this on the forum but with no real outcome from the OP

We've just had a problem where my son has been told he needs it before he takes the BAC exams, the mayor has said that as he is not french he can't have one. So...what do we need to ask for? We're the only brits in the village so he probably hasn't had to deal with this before, so we just need to ask the right question to get the right piece of paper back.

Has anyone else got a "proper" piece of paper?

I'm not a geek, I am a technically aware early adopter
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Attestation de recensement for BAC

Les candidats de nationalité étrangère peuvent s'inscrire à l'examen du baccalauréat. Encore une fois, le bac est ouvert à toutes et tous.

Source

http://www.sos-devoirs-corriges.com/component/content/article/83-inscription-bac-eleve-cned-candidat-libre

I know of several English people whose children have taken the Bac.

I would have to contact them, but if nobody else comes up with a first-hand confirmation I will do so.

In any case this is a matter for the Rectorat, not for the Mayor.

This seems to be confused with

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F870.xhtml  

which is a different thiing, despite the phrase 'Cette formalité est obligatoire pour pouvoir se présenter aux concours et examens publics.'

That is really about declaring the young person for this

For the Bac:

Inscription, affectation et convocation des candidats
A - Inscription des candidats
Les recteurs arrêtent les modalités d'inscription des candidats au baccalauréat, conformément aux principes qui suivent.
Sauf dérogation accordée par le recteur, les candidats doivent se présenter dans l'académie où ils ont accompli leur dernière année d'études avant l'examen

http://www.education.gouv.fr/pid25535/bulletin_officiel.html?cid_bo=59783

You might also  look at this :Les examens
Un jeune étranger scolarisé a le droit de s'inscrire à un examen.

Certains candidats étrangers peuvent cependant ne pas être en mesure d'obtenir une pièce d'identité. Etant scolarisés, ils devront au moins présenter un certificat de scolarité très récent, avec une photographie, certifiée par le chef d'établissement d'origine.

3) Les stages en entreprises

http://www.education.gouv.fr/bo/2002/special10/default.htm

I would suggest having a word with the CPE at the lycée.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you Norman, a full and interesting reply as usual.

He has gone to Lycee today to see what he can find out about it. I'm not sure of the context when he was told. It might have been that the full class were asked to provide the attestation, whereupon he probably thought it was just a matter of going to the Marie to get it (like an attestation of residence).

Looking at other forums there are similar tales from young étrangers, (portugese mostly!).

The link to http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F870.xhtml   makes reference to needing it when you enrol into a driving school. He wasn't asked for anything then so I think it's just him getting into a flap about nothing.

Anyway, we await his return.

Report   Reply Quote

I spoke to two teachers at out local Lycée at lunch today who were certain that there would be no problem.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Our son took his BAC this year without the recensement certificate without any problem. We have now got French citizenship and he has got the certificate retrospectively, thought he has not yet done the day with the relative organisation!

Report   Reply Quote

panic over. He doesn't need anything. It would have been a nice gesture to tell him so 3 days ago, it would have helped his stress levels.

However, thanks for all your input.

Report   Reply Quote

I hate the way some schools in France treat their pupils, and am always ready to take them on!

Good news for him.

- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Having two children fully integrated into the system, as after 16 years we are beginning to be, I am of the opinion that many things that those in authority do are not done with any degree of deliberate maleficence but out of ignorance/lack of experience. Most French teachers (not all), leave Lycée, become teachers and have no real experience of the real world. The fact that we are (in most cases) Brits living in France already imbue us with a level of experience they will never have, so they are at a disadvantage. The French do not seem very well equipped to deal with out of the box experiences. My wife was quite amused at the reaction of the teachers at our local Lycée when one of the Brit pupils stated their intention to take a "gap year" after the BAC. Only the English teacher knew what the pupil meant, the others just shook their heads as the natural progression that they were used to was been interrupted and they did not know what to do! Loss of face to those with power (IMHO) seems to be of Chinese proportions here, so they just say Non as the easy way out.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine