French Language

Topic has 20 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Food translations

Most french menus are very elaborate, sometimes vivid descriptions of food,  descriptions which can get the senses racing with that great feeling of anicipation. Which makes it so disappointing when the meal is mediocre, or poor. But equally adds to the pleasure, when the food is good, or great.

So what would you call some british food, giving it an elaborate french description......... must add, in french please!Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Food translations

OK I'll give it a go

Rôti de bœuf au four avec un duo de légumes et de brioche et le jus

Roast beef, 2 veg, Yorkshire pud and gravy - Yum Stick out tongue [:P]

Do not believe anything until it has been officially denied
   Report   Reply Quote

Not an entirely serious suggestion:

Le petit Richard avec son éruption de boutons

If that doesn't get the senses racing, I don't know what will.

Report   Reply Quote

The roast beef with Yorkshire puds sounds lovely on this cold evening, but not so keen on M. Richard - buttons popping or not! I'm so cold I'm  somewhat lacking in imagination this evening - I'll have to take time to think when I've warmed up!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

When my French neighbours came to lunch I gave them pork tenderloin wrapped in jambon cru. They loved it and asked for the recipe, which I called: filet mignon de porc a l'anglais.

Report   Reply Quote

Saucisses au pays de l'est anglais, pommes frites, petits haricots aux sauce tomates

Lincolnshire bangers, chips & beans.

Report   Reply Quote

Crapaud dans son trou. (recette de sorcière).

Animal Aid Saint Aubin

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

Report   Reply Quote

Christine Animal wrote:

Crapaud dans son trou. (recette de sorcière).

ROFL

Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine