French Language

Topic has 16 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Boris Johnson on France Inter

I commend you to watch the video of the interview on this link: http://www.myboox.fr/actualite/boris-johnson-nous-les-anglais-sommes-les-bons-europeens-ac-21987.html

I am not a fan neither of the man nor his politics but I have nothing but admiration for and was inspired by his performance in French.

I would be interested to hear if the French got his humour but they cant have failed to see from his face when he was making a joke.

I loved his closing comment!

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Boris Johnson on France Inter

The man is a clown, but a talented and charismatic one.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Given your politics and the usual force of your expression of them that is praise indeed Norman.

I agree wholeheartedly, I guess that I havnt seen a lot of UK news and maybe they just love to portray him in the worst light but that is the first time that I have really appreciated his charisma and as you say, talent, for it to shine through under those difficult circumstances really is an achievement.

I have agreed to do some off the cuff translation soon that involves speaking on a microphone to a large gathering and it has been daunting me, his performance inspired me.

I guess what I can learn from him is to be (seen to be) at ease with my unease.

Report   Reply Quote

Did you ever see the time he gave a speech outside Parliament in Latin? He was campaigning for the continuing teaching of classics in secondary schools.
What Boris does as Mayor affects me and my family directly, and I would have him as Mayor over Ken Livingstone (for whom I used to have great admiration back in the old GLC days) every time.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Well he should be able to "speak in tongues". Look at the education he had.

Report   Reply Quote

and don't forget his family background, I remember seeing him on "Who do you think you are?"

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

Indeed....I wonder how fluent he is in Turkish?

Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

LOL  Big Smile [:D]

P.S. just had another read of your blog Betty, I love it!

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine