French Language

Topic has 2 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

French words please - Sit on Mower

Hi

I have an 'Insurance expert' coming to see me on Wednesday as we are claiming off of our insurance for repairs to the sit on mower as we have the top insurance for damage.

I need to explain that after hitting a tree with the wheel, the wheel went slightly out of align, but I don't know the names in French for 'Worn away' and 'Wheel bearings'. Because
the tracking was out of align, the metal on the center of the wheel has worn away and so have the bearings, hence the wheel dropped off.

Many thanks
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: French words please - Sit on Mower

bearings = roulements

worn out = épuisé

if something is no longer of use = usé

or you could use crevé = knackered

no doubt Norman could add to the list

I'm not a geek, I am a technically aware early adopter
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: French words please - Sit on Mower

mary wrote:
Hi I have an 'Insurance expert' coming to see me on Wednesday as we are claiming off of our insurance for repairs to the sit on mower as we have the top insurance for damage. I need to explain that after hitting a tree with the wheel, the wheel went slightly out of align, but I don't know the names in French for 'Worn away' and 'Wheel bearings'. Because the tracking was out of align, the metal on the center of the wheel has worn away and so have the bearings, hence the wheel dropped off. Many thanks

Hope you said something like:

" La roue avant a cognee un arbre et a ete faussee. La jante et son roulement ont ete abimes et la roue est tombee" ....But I guess I am now too late...

Les voyages forment la jeunesse
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine