French Language

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

blood thinners

I'd like to know how to describe in french the quality of blood that we call thin or thick. I somehow don't think it will be fin or epais.
It's a long story, but I need to know to ask the doctor something.
Could you use fluide?

   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

Re: blood thinners

I'm currently on blood thinners following internal surgery and the other day was admitted to A&E as I was bleeding - the word for thin is fluide. Fortunately it was just a bit of a scare and seemed to be a clot dispersing.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: blood thinners

I am on préviscan, a 'traitement'  to 'fluidifier le sang'..(like warfarin)  to thin the blood
Also known as a 'traitement AVK' anti vitamin K.
'épais' can be used for thick
A clot is a 'caillou'..
a blocked artery  is un 'artère occlusé'

a DVT is a 'phlébite'  and a superficial phlebitis is a 'paraphlébite'

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: blood thinners

Thanks very much to both I know what to say now.
Hoping you have a speedy recovery, Minnie.

   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine