Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: I'll get the ball rolling then!

Now I dunno if I'm still a " nana " , but I ll be waiting til my son has his own " p'tite nana " to know the joy of having grandchildren on my knees.. But he's only 14 !! Woot! [:-))]

I can wait !!

Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

I love being a grannie! and I don't care about being called 'grannie'. Some of my friends hate it and want to be called by their first name, or some modern new invented name. My daughters always called my parents 'grand-papa + grand maman' (still do..) And of course my little grandson, 2 + 3 months, is the best, loveliest, brightest++++ (not that I am biaised or anything. By the way I'm in my late 50s (sp error), not my large 50s!!

Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

forgot to stay he has already got a 'p'tite nana' at nursery- one year older than him, who kisses him constantly. He doesn;t complain!

Report   Reply Quote

opas wrote:
Does anyone remember Debra , the poster who bought some fishing lakes?  She already had 2 children who had been born in the UK and had a baby in France.....from what I recall, she was not impressed with the way her baby was birthed.
Nooo - I certainly wasn't.  They were efficient but rough, to say the least and as an epidural never works on me, even though they insisted on trying, I had no pain relief as they weren't even happy with me using the gas and air for long.  I was 42 back then, Frenchie, and my third son is a joy to us all.  Now my eldest is 14 and I'm pregnant again, not sure it will go well at age 47 and the reason I'm in this forum and on this thread is I'm looking for positive stories of giving birth in France!

www.remaininfrance.org
   Report   Reply Quote

To Debra

Bon Courage and I wish all the very best.

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks, Cendrillon.  I expect I'll be hearing that a lot if the pregnancy continues but I'm really not sure how likely that is.  I've been reading that there is an 80-85% chance of miscarriage at my age so I'll just have to wait and see.  I've also been reading that I had a 1 in 10000 chance of conceiving - or 1 in a million according to some US sites! 

www.remaininfrance.org
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine