Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 18 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Car Hire from Hertz

Am a Hertz No 1 club member but like others on here will only pay so much extra for the added convenience.  To be fair I have never had a duff car from anyone I have rented from all over Europe.

Once in Nice in a Hertz, I got rammed from behind at a traffic light which cost me my €400 excess.

Several months later they sent me a cheque saying that they had reclaimed from the other drivers insurance co.  I was quite impressed with that as I had assumed that I would never see the cash again and certainly was not chasing it.

Report   Reply Quote

I have had various problems with Hertz - I think that they get the name from when you get the bill - it always Hurtz.

Espouse elucidation and eschew obfuscation!
   Report   Reply Quote

P2 wrote:

I normally go on the comparison sites as well as the various companies websites to find the cheapest and book whichever is.

However, the last two cars that I collected from Hertz at 23:00 at Toulouse airport meant that I could not inspect for damage until the next day due to it being pitch black. In both cases the cars had extensive damage compared to what was shown on the paperwork. What fun it was getting them to accept the damage. The last time involved me driving back to the airport as the local agent would not confirm the damage.

I now use the criteria of price and integrity.

Paul

Went to France the other weekend and using Expedia, Hertz were very much cheaper than all the rest so took the plunge, especially as we were travelling on the morning flight.

At the check-in desk the damage was marked on the 'plan' and off we went to the car. This time the damage was no where near as bad as indicated on the plan.

I now wonder if they are on commission if they charge for the 'damage' twice or more. I.E. issue as car with more damage than indicated at night and, if not challenged, chaqrge for it again?

Paul

BREXIT - wonder what the future holds
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine