Earning a Living

Topic has 18 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: voluntary work.....advice needed please!!!!

Patf wrote:
Do you have to have police checks, fill in forms etc before being accepted as a volunteer in France?

Not unless they did them without telling me! It may well be different if you have direct dealings with children (e.g. Scouting) but Banque Alimentaire doesn't deal directly with the end beneficiaries and I'd have thought that even Restos du Coeur would be treated rather like commercial food outlets.

If I could draw better I'd like to do a cartoon about Benny Vole, the friendly, helpful, little chap who keeps the local charities going.

Albert the InfoGipsy

"So welcome to the Citadel where the question is 'Am I?'"
   Report   Reply Quote

No we never had any checks and I used to help out with kids groups and in fact we would often take them away for sports competitions and also end of the year outings.

The only thing that any check was done on was when we parents were going to accompany the kids school outings to the swimming pool. We all had to go to a local pool and rescue a dummy from the deep end. Now the thing that enraged me was that the teachers were not tested, they were teachers and consequently were 'able' to accompany kids to the pool even if they could not swim!!! If anyone can explain that to me in a way that will make any sense to me, then I would be very interested.
   Report   Reply Quote

Iceni wrote:
 cooperlola wrote:

Are you referring to the board this is posted on? 

Yes - us simple folk only bother with headlines.

John

Smile [:)]

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine