French Education

Topic has 20 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Moving to Morzine

IMHO you cannot give your little daughter a more brilliant gift than giving her the opportunity to grow up bi-lingual. Now is definitely the time to move so that she can start school here in France. We answered a similar request for information for a Scottish chap who wanted to move to Switzerland. We asked him had he thought of hereabouts in France. Upshot is, the family moved here and are thriving, loving every minute and never regret making the decision - they also have two small children.

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

I agree with you about my daughter's education and I have no reservations at all about moving to the area and cannot wait, apart from the BIG QUESTION which keeps running through my mind " So do we just buy a property, move in and start living"  is it really that simple?  It seems I have missed something, like I need permission from someone.

To be honest its my wife who has more concerns than I do, especially about our daughters education, I am sure she will get over her concerns when we are in situ.

Report   Reply Quote

The simple answer is of course..........yes. We have now lived all over the world, in three different continents and with only one exception, which shall be nameless but is a huge island Down Under[!] we were blissfully happy with all our moves. However, that said, the largest single factor is attitude of mind. With very positive thoughts and very few reservations, the whole exercise runs more smoothly. If you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact us privately, as we have helped many people over the years on the theme "been there, done that".

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi all
I moved to Morzine in August and have a complete low-down on schools, virgin territory and banks and phones and renting and buying and phew!
Just yell! I will be only too pleased to help out! I was there where you are a few months ago and I found a few key people who were invaluable to me. Now it's time to share the joy!
Helen
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi all- just wondering whether you guys went ahead with this and where you are living? I have previously lived in Chamonix but am now looking to relocate back to the Alps on my own with my one-year old son- been to Les Gets, Morzine and I do fancy somehwhere a bit smaller than Chamonix for the longer term- any recommendations & also how easy is it to meet people?? ( I have lots of friends in Chamonix, but from my days pre-mum! hence seems like an easier option...)
Thanks!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine