English Books

Topic has 27 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Lee Child - Reacher

NickP wrote:
 Russethouse wrote:

No, I'm suggesting his height or lack of it will be shown up if there is a lot of other taller fitter guys, suposed to be military for example on camera......

Sorry RH you are now showing a lack of knowledge about film making

You know Nick there are plenty of other Reacher readers who also can't see this casting.....lets hope we are all wrong.

Lee Child doesn't have problem with this casting, is he wrong?

Actually come to think of it, I saw Matthew Mc Conauchy in The Lincoln Lawwer, he has much more the physique and demeanor I'ds associate with Reacher...

I can't comment as I don't know the gentleman/actor you mention. Well I looked him up on IMDB; sorry not for me, also won't put many  bums on seats

What you must realise RH that someone or a studio is taking a huge financial risk to bring this project to the screen, so whether you and I and all Reacher fans object, they will do what they can to protect their investment, and that means using bankable actors. 

LOL are they going to stretch him on a rack before breakfast each morning .......Smile [:)]

We'll see..........

Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher... Blink [blink]Confused [8-)]Woot! [:-))]

Well, that's one of the funniest images I've had for a long time. Big Smile [:D]

Oh I can see all the benefits - a major star, does most of his own stunts, a photo opportunity every time he picks his nose - but really, a 6'5" giant of a man Tom Cruise most definitely isn't.

But then, it is very rare that characters are cast to accurately represent the book when a movie is in the offing. Someone like Neil McDonough (Boomtown, Desperate Wives, etc) would probably suit my mental image better.

Edited to add:
I'm sure that Lee Childs is thrilled with the possibility of Tom Cruise. It's such a validation of his writing and the character he invented... and if he's on any percentage of the movie (unlikely, though) he'll get a better return on a Tom Cruise-led film than with someone who looks like Reacher but isn't serious box office.

Too old now but Richard Dean Anderson would also have made a good Reacher. Imo. Wink [;-)] He was more or less who I had in mind when I read the books.

Report   Reply Quote

If you goggle Jack reacher Tom Cruise you will see there are a number of petitions all ready asking for him not to have the roll ... who will or will not watch these films surley the book fans ..so hopfully some one will listen
Dirty Tom =^..^=
Where ever I lay my paw thats my home

I support SPA Carcassonne ...go get a dog today
http://spacarcassonne.e-monsite.com/
   Report   Reply Quote

Catalpa wrote:
Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher... Blink [blink]Confused [8-)]Woot! [:-))]

Well, that's one of the funniest images I've had for a long time. Big Smile [:D]

Too old now but Richard Dean Anderson would also have made a good Reacher. Imo. Wink [;-)] He was more or less who I had in mind when I read the books.

After the silky voice of Edgar Givry, I always found Richard Dean Anderson's 'own' voice squeaky which was such a disappointment.

Report   Reply Quote

New Reacher book
Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

I could imagine Daniel Craig as Reacher, I think he's got the right face!

Tom Cruise - No way!
I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief."
    --Gerry Spence
   Report   Reply Quote

Ha! I just read one review which said "A tall order for Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher".  Big Smile [:D]

I've read them all and this will just spoil it.

It's difficult to say what my wife does...
She sells seashells on the seashore.
   Report   Reply Quote

Pity that Clint Eastwood is just a bit too ...mature....  he could have made a good Jack Reacher...
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine