Earning a Living

Topic has 17 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Can unemployed British people claim the RSA?

"People cannot be excluded from any benefits just because they are British" - that's exactly what the circular is saying:
"Cette position est la stricte application de la jurisprudence européenne qui accorde au ressortissant communautaire exerçant une activité indépendante un droit au séjour à la seule condition que cette activité soit réelle et effective, à l’exclusion d’activités présentant un caractère marginal et accessoire. "
so anybody, whether French or non-French, who declares a few thousand euros a year as a business income, could be refused RSA on the ground that it is not a viable business.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Can unemployed British people claim the RSA?

TBH I hope that Lou-lou was wrong and that something went wrong with the simulation that I did, the RSA for me as a single adult without dépendants is €540 per month, it would make much more sense and what I really want to believe is that if i drop below that during the winter months then they would top my earnings up to that level not automatically give me €540 per month as soon as I dip Under €500 per month, the 71% abattement making €500 into €1700 is an abberation.

In any case for me its nothing but a mental exercise, I have no intention of claiming it, for others getting back on their feet and starting a new business it seems a very sensible benefit regardless of their nationality, I still despair at and cannot understand this Brit bashing by other Brits who are better off.

Its also a little suspicious that a first time poster to this forum should resurrect a thread that had not been posted on for several years, they may have used the search forum but what was their motivation?

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine