French Language

Topic has 47 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Have you ever heard un épluche-légumes called.....

But I did think about it.Big Smile [:D]

As I did before I told my SIL. Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

woolybanana wrote:
Doudoune, you might like to rephrase your comments about the way that Chancer holds his vegetable!

Sometimes, Wools, I laugh at one of your posts and then I get vexed with myself for laughing.  Do you ALWAYS have to lower the tone of all  conversations?

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Think of me as a reporter peeping through the window into your mind and simply broadcasting what is therein. Personally I think of myself as raising the tone of the place!
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

It made me laugh out loud, I definitely recall the girl but didnt realise she was or is now your sister in law Wink [;-)]
   Report   Reply Quote

And as for the peeler, yes I agree they are great, the ones I use have the same cutting blade but the handle is on the same axis not at 90° to it.

What is the difference? Well a sensible person should always cut away from themselves even if is safe its just the habit you should get into, those French ones you either end up cutting sideways which puts both hands at an awkward angle or  away from yourself which means one hand having to turn through 180° not at all ergonomic.

My French ex hated my UK peeler but she was just being awkward about everything at the time, she was one of the idiots that cut things towards herself amongst other sins like holding my vegetable in an unsympathetic manner.

Report   Reply Quote

Must be a man thing, my OH likes his handle and blade long and straight too. Still even with his preferred implement......he cannot peel as fast as I can!

Incidentally I do cut away from me, just not at right angles to my body. Imagine me holding a carrot at N E and then cut the carrot towards the NE. Or maybe you shouldn't imagine that at all.

But that is how I do it. I wouldn't hold a carrot at NE and then go cutting SW, which would be towards my hand!Woot! [:-))]

Report   Reply Quote

Doudoune, you are so much more fluid after a wee glass or more of something. I am sur Chancer is even now reexamining his vegetable in a new light whilst Sweets is having a little sit down!
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

I don't think anyone could cope with me if I had had a good drink. In the last 6 weeks, I have had half a guiness, which was very nice and a quarter of a glass of red wine, also very nice. I never ever think about a wee glass of anything. But I'm not telling you what I do think aboutSmile [:)]

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine