French Language

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Help with a sentence

Id, if you held your thumb out in front of you and say "pouce", it's the equivalent "stop"!  Useful or what?Smile [:)]
Sovereignty: the right to eat cholorinated chicken.
from The Little Book of Brexit Bo ll oc ks
   Report   Reply Quote

sweet 17 wrote:
Id, if you held your thumb out in front of you and say "pouce", it's the equivalent "stop"!  Useful or what?Smile [:)]

This is true Sweet17 BUT ......only if you are at Maternelle school level or 6 year old. We used this at school in the middle of a game to stop everything happening in order to explain something. Can't think of a way for it being used in an adult discussion.

Les voyages forment la jeunesse
   Report   Reply Quote

Well if sweet17 has adapted this to every day life, then I have probably done worse, my faux pas are endless.Whistles [Www]

Report   Reply Quote

ericd wrote:

sweet 17 wrote:

This is true Sweet17 BUT ......only if you are at Maternelle school level or 6 year old. We used this at school in the middle of a game to stop everything happening in order to explain something. Can't think of a way for it being used in an adult discussion.

Hah, I can, eric!

What about le roi des andouilles, my neighbour, who was burning wet green stuff in his garden, making so much acrid smoke that I couldn't breathe even taking extra puffs of my inhaler?

Well, he didn't actually stop until I had a word with the maire who then had a word with him.

If adults WOULD behave like naughty children, then they deserve to be treated the same way Cry Out [:'(]

Sovereignty: the right to eat cholorinated chicken.
from The Little Book of Brexit Bo ll oc ks
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine