Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 25 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Stripping out liner!!

Here part of the liner fitted and as it's an armoured it's made on the spot as it were, just as you said TP

The guy who did the fitting was very carefull and has done a great job. Now the water is going in Woot! [:-))]

I 'ope it dun leak Confused [8-)] You can see the blue haze starting to appear and the temp of the water going in will make sure it doesn't take too long to warm up, 24ºC!! I in arf looking forward to getting in there!

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote
Smile [:)]

John it warms the cockles of my heart to see the new liner in and the pool going back into service. Thanks for posting.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

You are more than welcome TP. It's looking good now. There is one very small place where the liner has a slight crease, but I will try and 'massage' it out when it's a bit warmer in there. If it doesn't come out then the guy will come back after the season and sort it.. Can't really ask more than that?

The morning after the water went in we had a rain storm early morning and it went a lovely shade of green. I chucked a few ltrs of javel in and now we have the correct colour Beer [B] I was amasing just how quickly it went green! I will let it settle now and see what happens?

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Quick update. The water is crystal clear, but the levels aren't right yet

Chlor free      7.26  and doesn't seem in a hurry to drop.
PH                 6.7    and doesn't seem in a hurry to rise.
TA                 93     today, 74 yesterday and 106 the day before Woot! [:-))]
Cya acid        25     I have not boosted that at the moment and I hope that it being low will help the clor free to drop. Also, I don't want to knock      the PH down any further by adding more acid.

How, now, do I get the PH up and the chlor down??? And any ideas why the TA changed so much???

My tester is a Lamotte ColorQ Pro7.

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Hi John,
You don't really want your chlorine to come down too quickly Smile [:)]
Alkalinity varies with pH and from you changing results it will settle better as the pH goes up and chlorine lowers.  From your tester, what is the calcium hardness level?  As it's a new fill, knowing your tap water (assuming that's the source) figures for Alk and hardness would help to see where abouts you are pool wise before making any other recommendations.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Ta for the reply TP.. The water is tap water.

I checked the calcium hardness on the 26th June when the water first went in at 118ppm and then again on the 1st July at 108, but not since then. I just consentrated on the CF, PH and TA as I mentioned above. One of my worries is that if  chuck more cyanuric acid in it will drive the PH down further? I spoke to a guy from Chemigem on Friday morning and he told me to switch the system off when ading buffer or acid as the control system would try to control the chnge when it wasn't wanted. From the way the sulphuric acid bidon level had dropped he was right..

It is a tad frustrating as the water is crystal clear and 27ºC Woot! [:-))]Woot! [:-))] but I am hesitant to get in a pool at a PH of 6.8 ?

Our Chemigem auto doser system gives me a PH reading of 7.4 and the chlor is a millivolt reading that should equate to about 2ppm. I have to contact C/gem in Aussy on Monday morning to see if their kit is reading wrong, or what???

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Hi John,
Ok levels aren't bad, calcium hardness could be a little higher 150-200 add hardness + or calcium chloride.
You can raise your pH by aerating the water, point your returns skyward or slacken the lid of your prefilter so it draws in a little air to cause bubbles out of the returns and pH will rise but leave the others pretty much where they are.

Chemigem or any other units need the recalibration from time to time. if the probes were left dry during your re fit they can oxidise so give them a clean with the wife's toothbrush Woot! [:-))]Big Smile [:D] a bit of laundry detergent then try again. Re calibration is normal each season.

See how you get on.

Report   Reply Quote

The probe was changed just over a year ago. I kept the old probe and that was fitted into the pipe when the pool was drained. I then filled the cover that came with the new probe with water and put it back on the new probe while the pool was empty, so the probe didn't dry out at all.

Normally it isn't recalibrated at all, it isn't necessary. I think that this will be the exception though?

Ihave redirected the jets and will make sure that some air is injected into the pool after the British GP Woot! [:-))] Woot! [:-))] Beer [B]

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine