Earning a Living

Topic has 20 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Bottled English Ales in France

Very true; I heard a Frenchman the other day saying that most villages and small towns used to have bars and cafes but that now they had closed and there were pharmacies in their place!
   Report   Reply Quote
Beer [B]

Hi

It could be worth contacting these folk for info. Their beer is good, very very good especially when you've not had any 'proper' beer for a while. If I remember correctly what they told us when we visited them about 10 years ago they started off making cider but lost most of their apple trees during a bad storm and wondering how to carry on someone gave them the idea of making beer using their existing equipment. It has worked for them, there are several english pubs in the Normandy area which do well and which sell their beer and the beer can also be found on sale at some of the food fairs. Maybe you could incorporate selling their beer as it's brewed in france alongside imported beers.

Sorry to have prattled on a bit, hope the info is of use.

http://www.le-brewery.com/fr/beers
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” Anatole France
   Report   Reply Quote

You're spot on with that suggestion and I have already spoken to Steve at Le Brewery a couple of times and he's interested in my idea.
   Report   Reply Quote

plod wrote:
Very true; I heard a Frenchman the other day saying that most villages and small towns used to have bars and cafes but that now they had closed and there were pharmacies in their place!

That seems to be the case  these days ...............cant say I am surprised .The one thing I have noticed is more and more people  with a bottle of tap water on their tables when eating now .

Report   Reply Quote

My husband likes English beer and I have heard several people on TV property progs who, when asked what they miss, say 'Real ale'. However, many supermarkets have Brit sections with beer, not always cheap, one local bar sometimes has it and it is very popular. Another bar in our village has a French ale which is not bad.
Also home beer making kits are not at all bad these days!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine