Print Search Sort Posts:
Ick! [+o(]

Re: pool service

sorry pool size is 4 metres x 9 metres i think it is 2m deep

angie

Report   Reply Quote

Hi jaspers girl,
Your pool is 7m x 3.5m x 1.5m  around 35m3.
Bayrol soft and easy is a non chlorine sanitiser.
augmentateur d'alcalinute is bicarbonate of soda and not really likely to be needed.

I don't know what you bought in Super U I'm affraid so any more info would be useful.
One of the most important things is to get a good chemical tester.

I am not sure I know how to post pictures any more since the web people keep playing so good old fashioned email works for me john@le-pre.co.uk

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

hi

thanks have pm you with photos

Report   Reply Quote

hello

Thanks for the help in the past the pool now is up and running just a couple of questions

i have been advise to put a large chlorine tablet in the skimmer there seems to be a lot of disagreement on this one ?

or to tablets in the container in the pool do i do this daily ?.

i run the pump over nite for roughly 4hrs and only put on in the day for cleaning.

round the sides of the pool is ingrain dirt which i am gradually removing with a soft brush  Fibreglass pool any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Report   Reply Quote

Hi jaspers girl, dont put large a chlorine tablet in the skimmer!  chlorine tablet are very acidic, so when the pump is off (all day in your case we can go onto that later) that high acidic level is dissolving into the skimmer, the pipework and eventually the pump all causing premature aging of that equipment.  The tablets also dissolve too quickly that way (when the pump is on) They were designed to go into the3 floating dispensers cheaply bought from most supermarkets.  Don't forget you can still use the javel you have been using it's down to making sure you have sufficient cyanuric acid to help prevent the loss of chlorine from sunlight. Too much cyanuric acid is also bad and it's in most tablets you buy.

With fibreglass pools you have to be careful what you use as you do with fibreglass boats etc. Try the Magic sponges again from a supermarket, these work very well but are quickly used up so buy plenty.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

that appears to be the general consensus regarding the skimmer
will try magic sponges

thak you

Report   Reply Quote

No problem, remember now you are looking after your pool properly if you use a slightly higher free chlorine level it will remove organic staining by naturally bleaching it away.

Report   Reply Quote

Théière... I have read (I think I have read) that you are in the Tours area. Do you build swimming pools ?

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine