Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: RE: 'Tide Mark' around swimming pool

Hello Benjiee,  The chances are and certainly after this length of time that the marks are permanent.

You could as I suspect Andrews solution was apply a patterned self adhesive border to the liner to cover it up. These are made with a very good coating that is harder to stain but best practice is to avoid sun creams that are known to cause issue like Riemann P20 and the factor 50's.

I tested Abre solaire dry mist this year on old samples of liner material and that doesn't seem to be one of the staining ones if products must be used, it being a dry mist isn't disgusting oily gloop like some of the others and is reported to be waterproof.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi, yes I had considered this to be an option but has got my hopes up when I read the previous comments.
Much appreciate your responses though.
Thanks
Ben
   Report   Reply Quote

Thankfully not a problem I've encountered;  wiuld be worried about washing up liquid - thought that caused problems re pool water.
Anyone tried white vinegar - cleans windows beautifully, and anything else.....wonderful stuff !!

Chessie

Report   Reply Quote

Yes Chessie using washing up liquid messes up the surface tension of the water, makes water wetter as they say and flushes out all manner of nasty stuff from the filter, could take a lot of chlorine to burn out the washing up liquid too.

Vinegar is a fairly strong acid and could damage the liner.  The issue was highlighted on here a few years ago with a polymer chemist. The ingredients of some sun cremes are very similar to the chemicals used in the liners so the chemical bond is permanent as is the staining.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine