French Language

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: does anyone know/can guess what this means?

Hoddy wrote:
I just checked on the route finder and it says that it is 55 miles and will take 1 hr and 35 minutes. People forgot that the Dordogne is a very large department. If you can visit outside of the last two weeks in July and any time in August it is truly wonderful.

And some the roads are pretty narrow and twisty.  High speeds (plus weight of traffic) not possible.  My one hour was a guess ... only done once from just west of Eymet (edge of 47 ..) to Sarlat once, and that was in winter, and we didn't rush - we was on 'oliday, you know!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

alittlebitfrench wrote:
Hmmm. Sarlat would be really nice it was not touristy and just a normal sleepy French town....then I guess it would be certainly worth a visit for a couple of hours. In ALBF's top places to visit in France, it would not make my top 20. I don't see why that area is such an attraction to the British unless the attraction is other British living there.

'Cos it looks just like England ... I had forgotten how much, until I'd popped up last week to see my sister in 47 (nearer than a trip to England!!).

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

'Cos it looks just like England'

Never considered that. It does look a bit like Harrogate I suppose ????
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

ALBF - Its a shame that you didn't visit out of season and for a longer period. For your next trip:
http://www.northofthedordogne.com/sarlat.php

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine