The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Spring!

Spring is the time when i try slide on the ice, i realized that i'm not jesus anymore
halong bay tours
vietnam tour package
   Report   Reply Quote

jj, a post that made me smile.

Yes, I'm afraid I was MUCH too optimistic.  It's warm all right but ye gads, the rain goes on and on.  As for the sky, if it's one of those painting by numbers kit, someone has mistaken the number for sky and painted it grey instead of cerulean blue

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Or even black, given the colour of the clouds as I climbed the hills between me and my destination today (in that car I hasten to add, no Maria von Trapp here today!), and as I descended into the valley the heavens opened.  Guess where the brolly was.  It had been  perfectly sunny and warm when I left home!n  The AGM was definitely enlivened by people arriving, cursing and shaking themselves, and their brollies (happily I had remembered where I'd put the "spare" brolly in the car by the time I arrived) so I include myself amongst them.  AGM was as usual (fairly boring, but informative enough and necessary), and at least the sun had come out on the way back to the car.  On arrival home, I found that we had not escaped the rain either, but it had stopped by my return.  Will it ever stop???

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Judith that sums up the weather in our France area atm. Certainly the forecast is thunderstorms and they have obliged for a short period.

But, hey, I think people who live here all the time forget that after rain in the UK (north especially) it remains wet and miserable all day whereas here it dries up pretty quickly (atm).

After this post will be going onto the patio to enjoy the last of the days rays. Not possible in my part of the UK.

Enjoy it. It could be a lot worse.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Sunshine all day today and similar forecast for tomorrow.

Of course, that's because our UK visitor has left!  Rained the whole time he was with us and he kept telling us the weather was heaps better in London where he lived.

But, after all the discussion, the rain HAS been exceptional this winter and spring; certainly the worst for the 11 years we have lived here.

Hasn't affected me that much as illness has mainly kept me indoors and I even had Vit D defficiency!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Mmm. Stayed in UK (north) last winter rather than elsewhere and, yes it was grim there too.

Been here (dordogneshire) since 1st June and, as I said was thundery at times but did clear up on every day for that period. In April, again it was better than UK and cleared up at times. Have known it to be superb in April dordogneshire though.

Will keep to my hypothesis that "familiarity does sometimes breed contempt" and the baseline of peoples perceptions do vary. There is a difference between the two areas.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote
Wink [;-)]

We have been here for 10 years after living in a damp and grey climate in Brittany.

We moved further south for an improvement in the weather.
Of the 10 years here, this has been the coldest, wettest and gloomiyest winters and spring that we have so far experienced in France.
I don't mind cold but can't bear the rain and grey sky.
Please weather God let us have summer.
   Report   Reply Quote

Just looking at lightningmaps and the whole of Italy is a mass of storms, with a few peripheral outbreaks around Geneva and some in Germany.
In SE U.K. it's rained very little over the past few weeks until a brief downpour today. Hoping things improve soon in France in time for my summer move over there in a few weeks. Normally my neighbours complain I bring the rain, but they can't blame me at the moment.

ETA: Here's an interesting little bilan from météo France: http://www.meteofrance.fr/climat-passe-et-futur/bilans-climatiques/bilan-2018/bulletin-climatique-du-printemps
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine