The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 36 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Military service in France

Here is a thought, what about getting farmers to do some national service. They seem to have an awful lot of time on their hands.

Yesterday they blocked the A10 at Orleans and had a party. The police looked on of course and did nothing. OH had to leave the motorway in heavy snow and go cross country on minor D roads to get home.

Not very patriotic behaviour towards your fellow countrymen. People risking their lives to get home, those late to go to hospital appointments and funerals, to collect kids from school.

The tractors they blocked the motorway with looked very brand new !!!

How about sending chasseurs on national service. Perhaps teach them how to shoot straight rather killing innocent walkers or people in their garden.

I don't think the younger generation are the problem here.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Do you have any idea what those farmers were protesting about ALBI? Did you know that they have around a 25% higher suicide rate than the general population?

With you on the chasseur front though!
   Report   Reply Quote

I do betise, but I don't think blocking a motorway and preventing someone from going to a hospital appointment to get chemotherapy or preventing someone from visiting their dying child or relative is the right way forward.

That is the reality of these endless blockades.

Talking of suicide rates, what about teachers and the police !!!

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Those farmers have my sympathy; the EU is reclassifying some areas of the country for subsidy purposes, meaning that loadsa farmers in that area will no longer receive aid from Brussels. Awwwwww😒
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Not always as simple or is as suggested by these protests:

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-breaks-french-taboo-on-farm-subsidies-cap-policy-eu-budget/

I am somewhat shocked by this quote:

"Under the current budget, a massive €58 billion a year, or some 40 percent of the EU budget, goes to CAP payments, but 80 percent of that money heads to only 20 percent of farms".

I would suggest that those farmers with brand new tractors could perhaps be part of the 20% and nowt to do with the poorer farmers. Reform is indeed necessary and not just in france.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Not always as simple or is as suggested by these protests:

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-breaks-french-taboo-on-farm-subsidies-cap-policy-eu-budget/

I am somewhat shocked by this quote:

"Under the current budget, a massive €58 billion a year, or some 40 percent of the EU budget, goes to CAP payments, but 80 percent of that money heads to only 20 percent of farms".

I would suggest that those farmers with brand new tractors could perhaps be part of the 20% and nowt to do with the poorer farmers. Reform is indeed necessary and not just in france.

Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Richard, you shakin with excitement?😱
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

I do like to correct misconceptions.

Double post not due to excitement nor excess alcohol.

ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine