Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 29 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: No house . . . but continued taxes d'hab and foncière !

As with all these questions one can only quote anecdotes of one's own experience, and generalisations  aren't of much use.
That said I have found that the internal messaging service
'ma messagerie sécurisée' in
https://cfspart.impots.gouv.fr/gaia2-zu-mapi/

more effective than an email to the address on the tax form
It was this system that finally resolved my problem above.

I certainly have relied on email/internal messages for years for tax  affairs, banking, contact with Directe Energie, my Mutuelle  etc...

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

My experience of using email to sort out a ta d’hab. problem with the tax office was excellent, swift replies and immediate explanation and action.
But I would not want to extrapolate a general rule from this at all, Richard.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Well, quelle surprise!
I just received letters from both taxe d'hab and taxe fonc saying they are going to reimburse me for the Jan and Feb payments taken in error. 200 euros - enough for me to buy you all a drink perhaps, as long as you're fairly abstemious!

I have no idea whether it was my letter of 31 Jan that produced this result, or whether it would have slowly sorted itself out with no prompting from me. I did try and phone them the other day, but of course it was the wrong day or the wrong time.

Report   Reply Quote

Yay! Mine's a glass of tap water! Cheers!
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

And I got a cheque for this year's TV redevance Smile [:)]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

I've emailed our tax office and they replied straight away.
But we have to pay to the end of the year because we sold in Feb.. Though I think we might be exempt for Tax Hab.
Which means keeping our account open and topped up at CA.

Report   Reply Quote

Patf wrote:

But we have to pay to the end of the year because we sold in Feb.

Hmm? I thought that your notaire would have apportioned the Fonciere charge between yourselves and your purchaser. ie 2 / 12 for you and 10 / 12 for your purchaser. That principal has always been used whenever we have bought/sold properties in France.

A friend in need's a pest. Get rid.
   Report   Reply Quote

Cajal is spot on, TF is proportioned;

Pat, if you were liable for TH before, then you will pay from January for the whole year.

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine