The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 29 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: French public spending: it makes you weep!

Load of rubbish, does not include full perks and expenses.

My point has been avoided. Should taxpayers be paying for such perks as funeral expenses. I cant see why.

Trouble with heavy deAth duties is that it eventually creates either Cuba where everyone earns the same or Venezuela.

By the way, have you noticed that the happiest nation is the Finns? Seems that having the Russians on your frontier creates a kind of national hysteria.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Your title of this thread does seem to include all french public spending, of which salaries of members of respective parliaments is a large contribution.

By saying the figures are rubbish can you supply ones that suit your view?

Are you also against the excessive perks paid to CEOs of private companies which probably total much more than their nominal salaries and are way abnove the average salaries paid in the companies - I am.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Your title of this thread does seem to include all french public spending, of which salaries of members of respective parliaments is a large contribution.

By saying the figures are rubbish can you supply ones that suit your view?

Are you also against the excessive perks paid to CEOs of private companies which probably total much more than their nominal salaries and are way abnove the average salaries paid in the companies - I am.

Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Yes, Richard, I am.

The figures for French parliamentarians do not include grace and favour accommodation which they often manage to keep long after their mandate has expired, for example.
Plus largely unaccountable expenses.fortunately the cumul des mandats seems to have been abolished.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

I do remember not so long ago issues over housing and other expenses being excessive for UK MPs but I don't think they were totally removed.

I certainly don't condone excessive money-grabbing by people of any description.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Well, those figures of average pay for the plebs in the UK, for 2010 are off, over £33000 average pay............ hmmmm. So how can I believe in these figures, actually don't.

And if, for example british MP's get a lot of 'extras' I daresay the french would consider UK allowances as peanuts.

Remember the huge amounts of 'cash' that french ministers get delivered to do with as they please. Or has that stopped....... heard it was going to stop, but has it really?????

Report   Reply Quote

Well the Senate, are being rather quiet about funeral expenses etc, 20,000 euros??? the Assembly are trying to get their act together, not perfect solutions, but good on them.
   Report   Reply Quote

idun - it was quoting in euros and not pounds.

It was average pay as well. Not median. It would have included salaries of those not so "plebish".
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine