French Food and Wine

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Brits bearing gifts

^^^ Silent Pool? I swear that gin is following me. it's everywhere!
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Yes Betty, Silent Pool.
The bottle tells the story of the maiden and the Silent Pool, local folklore.
Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

Re shortbread, we had a box of quality shortbread brought as a gift last night, so a perfectly decent cadeau in the UK too.

Report   Reply Quote

I have combined suggestions to put together a UK package. The Irish cheddar I like, Scottish shortbread, Welsh bara brith and my wife's lemon drizzle cake (don't know if that's strictly English but she is - and I will happily eat it, if my French friends don't)

Ooops. Don't tell my Irish son-in-law that I have moved his country to the UK.
   Report   Reply Quote

That sounds a very good parcel to offer - I should think that your friend will be very pleased to accept it.

I hope that he hasn’t put himself on a diet after any excesses over the festivities!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

He seems to eat very well, drinks like a fish (but not much water) and still manages to stay as thin as I would like to be. But then again, apart from the occasional siesta, he is on his feet from 6am till chucking out time, 7 days a week. He used to close on Mondays but stays open 7/7 now. I don't know how he does it.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine