French Language

Topic has 28 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: A question for YCCMB

Not even! Round here, it's 'bon, allez!' At least 4 times before actually departing lol. But then, we're not 'elegant' ;-)
Be alert!! Your country needs lerts.....
   Report   Reply Quote

Using google for subjunctive in english:

I insist that he is here (indicative, a forceful assertion of the fact that he is here)
I insist that he be here (subjunctive, a demand that the condition of his being here be fulfilled)

So in your example its the former of these two - Yes?

Interesting that Norm goes French to English - have you noticed a difference?

Not sure if there is a problem with my computer.

Report   Reply Quote

I'm  a bit late on this.
I thought Noisette was asking what form of the verb pleuvoir to us - pleut or pleuve?
I know nowt about the subjunctive either. They must have invented it after I left school.

Report   Reply Quote

Yep, Pat, that is exactly what she was asking.

Nutty is improving her already good french - as it should be. I've an impossible task at my age.

Nutty is as far as my french goes in translation.
   Report   Reply Quote

Nuts to you, sweetie :-) As for that codswallop about age, I'll be 105 this year and I've still got all my own teeth. They're in a box in a cupboard somewhere ;-) Thank you for the example, though! Very concise.
Don't worry about it, Pat. I doubt it will crop up much in NE England :-) Hope all is going well for you both!
Be alert!! Your country needs lerts.....
   Report   Reply Quote

?

How bizarre!

Sweet 17 is mint!!

I've got my own teeth too. Though one of my colleagues (chief technician at the time) was rather pi@@ed off when she found a false tooth in my desk draw when I asked her to find something in the office. That was when I was 40 and I gave up using the dentures then.Still have a gap there!!

In terms of French then fine - why not call yourself hazelnut on an english forum.

Is my example not correct? I actually am trying to learn and have not had the advantage of being into France from an early age.

Contrary to your belief I actually admire people who immerse themselves into another country (if that is what you have done). I was trying to be complimentary to you.

NB *** the sexism!!!

Report   Reply Quote

Perhaps WB should stop calling people other names!!!

Seems better ATM.
   Report   Reply Quote

If I am wrong then correct me. People come on to this forum to get correct responses.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine