Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 24 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: URGENT, URGENT Advise needed please

Wasn't it part of the compromis de vente that they needed a mortgage and so they could pull out if they could prove that they could not get one???

Have they paid a deposit??? If they have and rollocks things up, then you would be able to keep it.

We made offers on the house we are now living in three times and frankly if I had known a couple of things about it, it would have been four times, always reducing incidentally.

And then we bought it, I don't think we had signed anything though, a verbal agreement. And as I said, IF some of the problems we later ended up with, had shown at the time, I would not have hesitated to try to get more money off the price. 

When we sold in France they too kept coming back with lower offers, but there you go, that is how it is, think that the last offer we worked out half way between their offer and what we wanted.

Report   Reply Quote

Just in case anyone is wondering, this is not your usual run-of-the mill type property. Oh no. It is a magnificent villa overlooking Lake Geneva in an impasse with only four other houses, with 163m2 habitable and 256m2 overall with garage, basement, laundry, wine cellar etc. Not exactly a common or garden Lotissement.
They obtained our beautiful home at rock-bottom price so we have a right to be furious if they try to knock us down further. The head honcho of the estate agency will visit us at 08.30 tomorrow.

https://www.decordier-immobilier.com/en/buy-house-flat-evian-thonon/ref-dc2-891/sale-house-6-rooms-4-bedrooms-neuvecelle-74500/

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

My views on this are similar to Idun's. As you've described it, it doesn't match with our experiences at all. Especially all 4 of you for the compromis. Sounds strange. Is your immo french?
We sold 2 houses in France. The first stage was agreement on price, after some bartering. This was all done via the immo, not face to face. Who then sent us a document with the agreed price, but this has little legal value.
The next step, signing the compromis, was between the buyer and the immo  plus notaire - we weren't there. The buyer then has 10 days to reconsider , and if still in agreement, pays the agreed deposit. That's when you can be fairly confident about the sale
Then a final date is agreed on via the immo, and we're all there plus the notaire for signing the Acte.
I can't remember at what stage the clauses suspensives are written in.

Report   Reply Quote

As you will have seen from the link posted, our immobilier is indeed very French.
Present at the signing : Notaire, two sellers [us] two buyers [nasty pieces of work] plus representative from Immobilier's office. Obviously everything is a tad more upmarket in Haute Savoie.

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

We have bought 2 properties in France and sold 1. On each occasion all parties attended the notaire's office to sign the compromis and then finally the Acte.

Report   Reply Quote

Stunning property Evianers.. and I think the price seems fair
   Report   Reply Quote

Just seen this - what happened with these considerate buyers?

A very nasty experience.
BREXIT - wonder what the future holds
   Report   Reply Quote

I was just wondering how things played out in the end. And did you find a new buyer?

I know, les grandes vacances is not the best time, but never the less, sometimes people do actually buy at this time of year.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine