The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 31 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Heatwave

We, fortunately are in the green bit but it 8s still blooody hot at midday.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Lehaut wrote:
We are on the third leg of our Sardinia, Sicily, Italy trip on our motorbike. It hit 39°C on the motorway coming up to Florence, 41°C predicted for today. We wear full gear and the only way I can survive is to freeze water and put it in my jacket. Worked really well until it stared to melt. The icey water began to pool where I am siting. A non too pleasant sensation to begin with.

You could try those blue coloured freezer packsSmile [:)]

When in Iran I used to ride wearing only a loose shirt and slacks. Nice and cool, but not so good if you make a high-side onto gravel. I lived though.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

NormanH wrote:

We're in the orange bit a little west of your red bit (only by 60 clicks or so, tho'), and saw only 32º on the thermometer in the shady part of the garden today.

Still 24º or less inside thoughSmile [:)]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Our place is in the Gard. We have normally left by now for the summer (haven’t been since March due to medical problems this year) but British neighbours have been sending copious emails about the horrendous heat there just now. They will be extremely pleased when Saturday arrives, as they will be returning to the UK then.

The highest temperature reached would normally be in August, but ‘only’ reaching 40C during some years - we receive emails and photos of town thermometers from friends in years that 40C is reached.

Stay cool anyone in

84 - Vaucluse
34 - Hérault
13 - Bouches-du-Rhône
30 - Gard

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Yes, it hit 41C here today GG.

Its still 32C now.

Report   Reply Quote

Almost unbelievable to us .. but at 11pm it was still 30° outside .. I don't think we've ever experienced it that hot so late in the day in the 7 years we've been in this house .. the sea breeze seems to be singularly lacking at present.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

A mild 37 today and 39 tomorrow - followed by around the 30 mark for some days.

Sun dodging time.
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Important heatwave tip

Some red wines go a bit syrupy if they get too warm. An hour or so in the fridge does them good.😅
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine