The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: The Tiger Mosquito is spreading North

Nomoss, thank you for your post about Quillan; sad that he’s been through a really bad time but heartening that he’s being cared for properly. I certainly wish him well.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

I second that. He has been a pillar of this Forum and it is sad that he can no longer continue to be with us.
I believe that one of his family keeps in touch.
Thank you nomoss for a generous appreciation of him.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

I'm sorry to hear about Quillan's problems. He put a lot of effort into this forum, but said he had problems just before he left.

Report   Reply Quote

Yes, agree with all of that.

I recall that, although it had no relevance for me, he often provided what seemed to be experienced but common sense advice to existing and would-be gite operators.

Report   Reply Quote

Yes, was upset to hear of his troubles. We did chat irregularly and as someone said, he was a voice of reason when things used to get rather hot here.
Last I heard he was having a house built and was giving up sailing.
Does anyone know how bad his strokes are, can he email still.
I know he has a son or more who will be looking after him as needed, I am sure.
All the best Chris.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Poor old Quillan. I'm glad he's closer to family and support. He trod a thankless path on here often, and stuck at it longer than most. Wishing him well.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine