French Language

Topic has 20 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: teaching Romanian

Ah for the days of ‘ My father’s boots are bigger than the lawn of my uncle’.
Or the beloved Walter and Conny!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQthGk10zg
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Loiseau Smile [:)]
Well, she came and did a good job, except that she made me realise all my sloppy 'cleaning' in the past. Standards from rural France.
I tried some of the phrases but she seemed to still rely on her english-speaking friend on her mobile phone for what to do.
I found non-verbal communication more effective. Perhaps language will come later.
ps I asked her about french and she more or less said "Aa divven't knaa  what yer taalkin aboot!"

Report   Reply Quote

What age group is she in? If she is reasonably young you will probably be able to appreciate how quickly she gets a grasp of English. I have a youngish Lithuanian friend who speaks English with a fluency and understanding that puts many native speakers to shame. When I asked her about it she told me that most of her ‘learning’ came from speaking English with other immigrants from different nationalities more than from speaking to native speakers. She is now at the UEA having passed the required GCSEs and A levels required.
   Report   Reply Quote

She's late 20s
Yes she did say a few words in english which made me think that she's a fast learner.
But I'm beginning to wonder now if she IS Romanian, I had assumed it from her way of dressing - long skirt, light jacket top, long hair tied back.
Maybe she's from Bulgaria or some other Balkan country.

Report   Reply Quote

Should you not know that if you are employing her?

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine