The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 23 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: So .. what's up ?

woolybanana wrote:
In the meantime there have been nearly 10000 views of the copper pipe thread. .................................

There must be a hidden connotation there we have missedConfused [8-)]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

WB said:

‘’In the meantime there have been nearly 10000 views of the copper pipe thread.
So, now we know that everyone has been fiddling with their piping!’’

There’s a lot of antique copper pipe in that thread - it dates back to 2005!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

No time this weekend.

Lurkers, well, why even lurk, I don't get it.

Report   Reply Quote

Sadly, not even had time to lurk ... varicose vein op last week, then instructed to walk 2 hours a day, at least, plus all the usual things to achieve in between, so it's been the computer time which has had to suffer .... plus I have an active diary this week, cannot drive pro tem (because of the op), so everything takes longer .... oh, and I have a washing machine which will not drain away, so I have to stay with it and empty into a bucket then the sink ...  10 month old kids are nothing in comparison .. ABLF!  and can you imagine how many loads of washing there are when you have just returned from holiday????  All have which have to be emptied into a bucket ????

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!
   Report   Reply Quote

"have a washing machine which will not drain away, so I have to stay with it and empty into a bucket then the sink ... 10 month old kids are nothing in comparison .. ABLF!"

What ?....you have not spent 10 minutes with our new offspring. LOL. He is like Indian Jones on Steroids....with a big smile.

Anyway, clutch has been changed on the Saab ....and it works. I think I am gifted.

Nomoss...you would be so proud of me.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Takes after his Dad, presumably.
As far as I remember 10 months is a lovely age - they've outgrown just crying for the sake of it, so start to get around and entertain themselves. And saying a few words.
You've got to childproof your house though.

Report   Reply Quote

Patf wrote:
You've got to childproof your house though.
When we were young, we aided and abetted each other to climb up the table legs (those bulbous ones on old furniture).  After that the table was turned upside down.  That's the sort of childroofing you mean, I'm sure Pat.

ALBF, the thing about 10mths old is that they will grow out of that stage ... not sure how long the washing m/c problem is likely to last ..... could be a long time, given my OH DIY skills!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Judith-aka-Judith wrote:
............. not sure how long the washing m/c problem is likely to last ..... could be a long time, given my OH DIY skills!

I don't know if you will find any info' for your washing machine on line, but we have a US-made Whirlpool, bought from Currys in UK, and I found amazing videos on Youtube showing how to tackle various repair jobs, including our problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYyMxxea8E

My biggest problem was discovering how to dismantle the panels etc. to gain access to the broken part, but 7 years later it's still workingSmile [:)]

EDIT: As far as draining is concerned, the drain pump inlet pipe may sometimes be blocked with lint, or its impeller jammed with the same or by a solid object accidentally put into the machine with clothing.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine