Driving in France

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: En attente d’information Télédéclarant - what does this mean?

Hurrah! Finally received the new Carte d'immatriculation after a three month wait. New plates fitted. The cost was 207€.
   Report   Reply Quote

Well done .. worth the wait ☺
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

This is all very interesting.  I had to change my car this year, the garage dealt with the change of carte gris ownership, and I think I had the replacement with 2 weeks, if not less.  Maybe they had some inside knowledge!!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

This was ré matriculation of a uk registered car. A couple we sold our last car to, living in France got their new carte grise virtually overnight.

Suey
   Report   Reply Quote

Not sure it helps but recently renewed my driving licence. My application was referred back as incomplete with a note to check the site for what was missing.
I reviewed everything every which way but could not see a clue to what was wanted. But eventually fell on a different area of the site which did specify the missing info and it was a pop up to boot. Sorry I did not keep a note, but it was not in reviewing the original application. More like documentation or messagerie type area. Definately not self evident.
Hope helps JF

Report   Reply Quote

As this thread was old, I think that the 'database' person is trying to sell stuff.

And yes, things can be complicated with paperwork in France,  my son took a load of paperwork for his dossier into his Mairie and no birth certificate, because it did not say birth ceritificate on the info sheet they had given him previously.

He had wondered, but didn't want the tutting about extraneous information, but still got the tutting, as he should have known that they would want itWhistles [Www]

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine