Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 28 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: VAN HIRE

After some follow-up research on your earlier post, Will, mentioning your first yellow van, you may be amused to know that I've found a company with various branches (two in Portsmouth) that quotes £121 from Wednesday evening to first thing Sunday morning for a Luton-type van - so far so good - price sounds excellent. Their name? Yellohire!! Um...
   Report   Reply Quote

That sounds excellent value - great.
Will

intentionally blank signature

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks roseysan for the info on Afford - too far away unfortunately but the price guideline is very helpful.
   Report   Reply Quote

Just hired a LWB van with tail lift for 15 days from a company in Sussex for £695 to bring items over from the UK to France. However, it was down to me to organise breakdown recovery in France.

As I am in the RAC thought lets try them. In addition, will need some for the car for trips down.

Obtained a very reasonable quote but it was for vehicles up to 11 years old. Mine will be 11 later this year.

‘How much more if over 11 years’ and the reply was ‘about £100’.

I was then asked what the vehicle was to which I replied ‘Land Rover Discovery’.

‘Ah, if you join one of the Land Rover clubs then you will not need to pay the additional £100 (the theory being that they look after their vehicles).

‘What is your membership number anyway’

‘Ah I see that you have Arrival Membership (via the Camping and Caravan Club), so the additional £100 does not apply to you, nor does maximum vehicle length and certain other things’.

The moral of the story? If you are still UK based, have an older car and cannot join an appropriate car club with links to the RAC, join the Camping and Caravan Club – about £30 – and save on your European Breakdown (as well as ordinary membership). Have not got a tent or caravan – the club makes no checks.

Paul

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks for that - very useful advice.

Regards

Dick Smith

Nowhere is there warmth to be found
Among those afraid of losing their ground
   Report   Reply Quote

Van Rental San Francisco

sclarke2208 wrote:
There are many company available in market and they give us the van rental service Los angeles and san franscisco but I want to budget travel for 10-12 passenger So Dear Friends can you help me for this travel hire.

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Van Rental San Francisco

?????
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Van Rental San Francisco

aliyah62 wrote:
 sclarke2208 wrote:
There are many company available in market and they give us the van rental service Los angeles and san franscisco but I want to budget travel for 10-12 passenger So Dear Friends can you help me for this travel hire.

Think maybe the answer to this query is to contact confused.com  Confused [8-)]

Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine